Medical Lab Assistant
OCCUPATION INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Who is the certification body responsible for Medical Laboratory Assistants in Alberta?
- What are the registration requirements for internationally educated Medical Laboratory Assistants?
- What are the educational requirements for Medical Laboratory Assistants in Alberta?
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) .
1. Complete a Prior Learning Assessment with CSMLS.
Note: Before submitting your credentials to CSMLS, you are encouraged to review the Medical Lab Assistant Personal Competency Rating Booklet.
Note: Read and complete the MLA Examination Handbook and Application.
2. Challenge and pass the Certification Exam. See the Competency Profiles for more information.
3. Register with CSMLS.
In Alberta, the following post-secondary institutions offer programs directly related programs:
• ABES (Alberta Business and Educational Services) in Calgary
• Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) in Edmonton
• Red Deer College in Red Deer
• SAIT Polytechnic (SAIT) in Calgary
Additional Occupational Information
For more information on occupations, duties and wages, visit the Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) and Immigrating to Alberta websites.