Medical Lab Assistant
OCCUPATION INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Who is the certification body responsible for Medical Laboratory Assistants in Alberta?
- What are the registration requirements for internationally educated Medical Laboratory Assistants?
- What are the educational requirements for Medical Laboratory Assistants in Alberta?
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
Internationally educated Medical Lab Assistants (MLA) do not qualify for CSMLS PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) for MLA. In order to become certified as an MLA, internationally educated MLAs must complete the same process as a Canadian MLA.
• ABES (Alberta Business and Educational Services) in Calgary
• Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) in Edmonton
• Red Deer College in Red Deer
• SAIT Polytechnic (SAIT) in Calgary
Additional Occupational Information
For more information on occupations, duties and wages, visit the Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) and Immigrating to Alberta websites.